Labels

Wednesday 4 July 2012

PERFUME: the chemicals concealed from public knowledge.

              I took a bit of a uncomfortable journey the other day... the car was dense with the invisible mist of a heady toxicity  - in other words AFTERSHAVE and the phthalates, methylene chloride, ethyl acetate, Benzyl acetate and acetone, that are poured into the concoction, the poison, the carcinogenic swill, that disease causing haze that society pays millions for - it began to feel as though every little piece of matter in my body had been drawn upwards, had collected in my head: my expanding, swelling, throbbing head with a pressure against it's fragile, strained exterior. I could almost feel it's corrosive vapour clinging to the tissue of my throat, staining my lungs and, like a parasite, draining health and leaking it's poison throughout my body.

                It should not be seen as just for this to inflicted upon others. I understand the argument of 'free will' but this is not an exercise in free will. Something that affects others to such an extent cannot be classified as free will, and I'm sure that those with chemical sensitivities, asthma and those with concern would agree. With endocrine disruption, cancer, allergy sensitization and reproductive toxicity as proven attributed health affects, the health and fertility of others cannot be seen as someone's free will to exploit, even if unintentional. 



^Sorry these graphs are a bit small. They're worth zooming in on though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment